Hand Forged Puukko

Post products you have for sale here. Links welcome.
Wood Steel & Leather
Worker
Worker
Sep 2018 16 19:51

Hand Forged Puukko

Greetings, fam. Just finished up a new knife this weekend. It's a small-ish puukko, with a 2.5 inch blade. The handle is a piece of an old oak stump that I'd been saving for years. Came out looking way nicer than I expected. Check the Ebay link for more pictures and details. I've got it listed for $150. Buying through this link supposedly saves me the 10% sellers fee, which I will gladly pass on to my fellow forumites, so make an offer of $135 with a note that you're from the forum.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200 ... olid=11111
The design of this knife ended up being an accident, but I like the way it came out. At first I was going to just round over the end of the wooden handle. But I decided it was a bit too long, so I shortened it on the bandsaw and then discovered that I had cut into the channel that I drilled out for the tang. While trying to figure out how to cover that up, I remembered a flat piece of elk antler I had laying around, so I stuck that on the end with some steel pins and epoxy. I think I might make the next one this way on purpose, with a bigger blade.

Thanks for looking!

WandelPAD
Worker
Worker
Sep 2018 17 01:16

Re: Hand Forged Puukko

Really nice looking