Screaming in the moonlight

Survival Discussions
Bushcrafter channel
Aug 2018 17 01:31

Screaming in the moonlight

It was late in the day as I just got home from work. pressed for time I hurried to gather my gear for a solo overnighter. As I gotten all my gear into the bag I rushed down to the car for a much needed get away trip I had really been looking forward to all week.
I got to my buddy's land at around 7 PM I only had a few hours to collect fire wood and set up camp. With all of the hurrying and scattering to get everything packed at the house. I forgot to put the batteries in my pack for my headlamp and I had also left my phone in car which was about 1 mile away. Even with the fire i needed some sort of flashing to get my meal cooked. i also needed it cause every time i camp i always keep a phone close by just in case i get hurt while I'm out in the Bush. It was around 11 PM now and there was a full moon so there was just enough light to see to walk to my car. So I started the 1 mile trip enjoying the sounds of the crickets and the beautiful moonlit sky. About half a mile into the walk I hear the most horrifying sound I have ever heard in my life the sound of of a woman or small child screaming in horrific pain. I stopped dead in my tracks and looked all around me and seen nothing no light no one was in sight. A million thoughts raced through my head wondering what could it be no way could it be my buddy as he was out of town and he had atleast 100 acres of land no one else was out here but me. After sitting still for what felt like forever I decided to brush it off thinking it was some sort of owl or wolf just a animal in general I pushed on to the car. Walking trying to get that sound pushed out of my head as it was scaring me to even think about I get to the car grab my phone I sit there for a few to just get my head straight. After about 10 mins I go ahead on my journey back to camp this time I heard no crickets no sounds no sounds at all. This left my mind thinking every worse thing you could think of just plain paranoia. I was just about half way again and I hear a horrible scream this time it was closer much much closer. I freaked and started running as fast as I can back to the car i didnt care bout my gear i just wanted to get out of there as fast as i could. Running for my life I could hear hard breathing and running foot steps close behind I wasnt looking back for fear of what it was or I would trip and fall. I get to the car and slam the door close I was safe I could barely breath sweating and so scared I just sat there trying to relax and calm down. I hear something hit the front of my car with a loud scream the same scream I heard before. I started my car and turned on my lights and there it was the darkest haired most evil black Billy goat I had ever seen needless to say I always tell my buddy to keep his Billy goats put up when I go camping over ther now.