Wilderness terror

Survival Discussions
Coyote
Gatherer
Gatherer
Aug 2018 15 02:37

Wilderness terror

It was my first solo "overnighter" I was so exited it was a overcast EXTREMELY DARK moonless night, kinda cold. So I found a spot very deep in the woods to pitch my tent "French F1 commando" got it set up and then it was pretty much dark so I tried to go to sleep but couldn't because its to quiet! "I have to have a fan running to sleep or I literally can't!" So I conceived the dumb idea of putting in my head phones and let the sounds of Rammsteins Reise Reise put me to sleep so I was drifting away finally AND JUST AS I WENT TO SLEEP I woke up to my dog vibrating "he sleeps inside the sleeping bag with me because he is warm" so I pulled out my headphones and he was growling and I felt my heart start racing because he is not a yappy dog at all, he only gets alert if their is "real" danger so I was very scared. I listened and I heard walking at first I thought it was a human so I kinda sat up and looked for light through the fabric of my tent but I saw none and I knew no human can be walking around in this extreme darkness with no light source so I knew it was an animal. It was of larger stature. I could hear it, I sat in my tent shaking in fear listening as it walked around my tent up fairly close and as I listened I heard more of them, and something smaller that sounded like it was digging in the leaf litter, so I opened my tent door to let my dog out and he went to town barking snarling and growling so I lit my lantern put my main clothes back on got out my knife because I felt like I was being sized up! So then I went outside of my tent and I was mad because I had JUST WENT TO SLEEP and here I am standing in ABSOLUTE DARKNESS not having a CLUE what is circling us, my heart was beating hard, knife in one hand lantern in the other. I listened to where it was and I charged it and sent my dog at it but he was scared of it as well and it wasn't scared of us in the least bit. I heard it pause for a second then start back walking so I got out the crappy flashlight on my Ipod touch and shined it at it and I saw horribly bright green eye looking STRAIGHT at me and I felt my heart sink and chills ran down my back and I started to tremble and my mouth ran completely dry and I said out load "I have to get out of here" so I tried to act like nothing was their and began to pack my gear up and never looked back, walked home down a ridiculously dark road back home all alone just me my stuff and my dog and that was the last time I've ever been in the woods after dark and keep in mind all this took place around 1:30am! Remember kids after midnight the woods actually come alive animals start coming out of the woodwork literally!!!

Skeledon
Site Owner
Site Owner
Aug 2018 15 02:47

Re: Wilderness terror

That was an awesome story brother 😊 I very much enjoyed it from start to finish!! Well done!!! 😊 Thanks for sharing!!😊

Cpt. Blackbeard
Site Admin
Site Admin
Aug 2018 16 01:02

Re: Wilderness terror

Nice adventure there. I would surmise that the animal was not hostile though. Many animals are blinded by light, I've actually walked up close enough to touch deer at night and they never see me, just the strange floating light. What animal it was I don't know, may have been a very dangerous animal but since it gave you time to strike camp and leave it was non hostile, at least this time :) Go back with a couple of friends, better lights and weapons and see if it returns. ;Btent: