How much is enough?

Bushcraft Discussion
Bushbum
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Aug 2018 10 09:26

How much is enough?

Howdy all! Been shopping around for a new camp in the mountains.. uses would be general bushcraft camp.. recreating and hunting for my self and 2 other guys.. both small and large game. I'm thinking primarily bow for large game. Fishing if water near by.. Obviously cost is a factor.. How much land do you think is the minimum amount needed to accommodate.. It seems I can get many 7-10 acre parcels within my price range within 3 hours from my home... More than that the $$$ goes up exponentially, unless I go 5 or 6 hours beyond my residence which be somewhat limiting in regards to regular access. Another option would be trying to get a smaller parcel that is linked to a larger area of state land.. There are many public gaming lands and places to camp closer to my primary residence.. but they are often over crowded.. and folks like us generally appreciate space more than people..LOL
any input would be appreciated!
Blessings guys...
" The Best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm"-Anonymous
Blessings!

Skeledon
Site Owner
Site Owner
Aug 2018 10 11:11

Re: How much is enough?

To be honest it is all in what you are looking for because if you are wanting to stay where you are and just have a place totaled woods to hunt on only then 10 acres would be plenty but if you would like to live on the land that you are hunting then you would need more, the reason I mention the latter is because if you would be willing to move completely, further west from your location, then you could have the best of both worlds, in other words, you could own the land you are both (hunting, fishing, trapping) and (living) on, while at the same time be around a 45min to 1 hour drive away from work, also not paying an arm and a leg for the property. Something to think about 😊

Bushcrafter channel
Aug 2018 10 17:33

Definitely agree with skeledon on this one

Bushbum
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Aug 2018 11 12:23

Hi guys! Thanks for the great responses! Ideally the option of living off grid on my own land would be perfect for me! At the time it is not feasible, as my wife and I are different places in our lives in regards to this issue. She loves nature and the woods. But shes a career oriented girl climbing a corporate ladder! Its as important to get as bush life is for me. If she ever comes around a big move would be inevitable. Until than a compromise is the only real option.

Skeledon
Site Owner
Site Owner
Aug 2018 11 12:27

What I was talking about would be that compromise, the woods would be off grid but your house in that property wouldn't be.

Skeledon
Site Owner
Site Owner
Aug 2018 11 12:34

In ither words it would give you the land with woods in yiur back yard but you would have a house just like you are living now just bigger. Go to work, live the regular life just like normal but the difference is you could pop out in the woods anytine you wanted lol

Bushbum
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Aug 2018 11 12:36

That does sound sweet brother!

Bushbum
Forum Admin
Forum Admin
Aug 2018 11 12:36

That does sound sweet brother!